WOBURN, Mass.—June 30, 2009—Inmagic today introduced Inmagic DB/TextWorks v12, a foundational component of the Inmagic DB/Text Library Suite. Several key enhancements to DB/TextWorks, including improvements to batch modify, search, reporting, and imaging, have been added to improve database maintenance and workflow. With this additional functionality, special library and information professionals are freed-up to focus on providing high-quality access to information and research to their organizations.
DB/TextWorks is a specialized database and text retrieval system used by more than 5,000 organizations to manage special library collections and content. DB/TextWorks can efficiently organize nearly any type of digital information—including documents, images, and multimedia—resulting in a centralized knowledge repository that is accessible to all constituents.
"Inmagic continues to develop products that keep users coming back for the latest advancements in knowledge management technology," says Phil Green, CTO of Inmagic. "This release of DB/TextWorks demonstrates Inmagic’s commitment to a broad scope of loyal customers that rely on the DB/Text family of products for cost-effective and flexible information management across their knowledge repositories."
The latest benefits to DB/TextWorks v12 include:
Improvements to batch modify, validation lists, and import functionality. Save significant time when maintaining the textbase, with the ability to:
- Batch modify multiple fields: Change more than one field at a time.
- Batch modify field-to-field: Copy or move the contents of one field to another.
- Update records to match validation list changes: When terms on a validation list are changed or deleted, corresponding changes can be made in affected textbase records.
- Import matching multiple records: Option to update multiple matching records.
Enhanced search capabilities. Allows for more accurate information discovery, through:
- Thesaurus expansion when searching: Optional retrieval of preferred and related terms when searching fields connected to a thesaurus.
- Easier textbase recognition: Moving the cursor over a textbase on the file menu causes the full path of that textbase to appear in the status bar.
Enhanced E-mail. Improvements allow for more professional e-mails that can easily target larger groups, with:
- E-mail reports in HTML: Send Report as Mail now supports HTML format in the e-mail body.
- E-mail reports grouped by recipient: E-mail reports sent to recipients identified in textbase records can optionally have all messages to a given recipient grouped into one e-mail message.
Advanced imaging. Capabilities support newer image formats, with:
- Support for the newer versions of PDF formats from Adobe Acrobat.
Inmagic product updates continue to address the needs of the company’s evolving customer base. As always, Inmagic wants to hear from you. Please send your product enhancement requests to email@example.com.
Customers on maintenance automatically receive this release as part of an annual maintenance contract, and thus can take advantage of these enhanced features and functionality at no additional cost. For more information about DB/TextWorks and Inmagic’s DB/Text Library Suite, please visit www.Inmagic.com.
Certified Inmagic resellers and implementation partners can be found at http://www.inmagic.com/partners/directory.html.
Inmagic also offers the Presto family of knowledge management products, including Inmagic Presto for Social Libraries, for organizations interested in integrating the power of Social Knowledge Networks with their information management needs.
About Inmagic Inc.
Inmagic, Inc. has been the industry leader in knowledge management and library automation applications for over 25 years. Today, Inmagic is at the forefront of the move to new generation knowledge management, creating Social Knowledge Networks that combine top-down, vetted information with bottom-up, social "wisdom of the community" to address critical research and business objectives. Over 5,000 companies in 100 countries use Inmagic solutions, including Inmagic© Presto, Inmagic© Presto for Social Libraries, and the DB/Text product family, to gain unprecedented insight into customers, markets, competitors, research, intellectual properties, and more. Find out how much your organization really knows. Visit Inmagic at www.Inmagic.com.