WOBURN, Mass.—March 8, 2011—Inmagic has introduced Inmagic DB/TextWorks v13 and DB/Text Web Publisher Pro v13, two integral components of Inmagic DB/Text Library Suite. Enhancements have been made to improve customization, security, and database maintenance, giving library professionals new ways to control, organize, and manage information for their organizations.
DB/TextWorks is a specialized database and text retrieval system used by more than 5,000 organizations to manage special library collections and content. It can help library professionals efficiently organize nearly any type of digital information—including documents, images, and multimedia—resulting in a centralized knowledge repository that is accessible to all constituents.
Web Publisher Pro is an interactive Web publishing and access system used by global companies, universities, law firms, and government agencies to manage business intelligence, and to research content, image and archive databases, product catalogs, help desk knowledgebases, and more.
"We are committed to providing the tools to help information professionals do their jobs faster, better, and more accurately," says Bob Warren, Vice President of Products at Inmagic. "This means staying on top of the evolving role of librarians within organizations. These updates to DB/TextWorks and Web Publisher Pro give users greater control by making the applications even more scalable for deploying and accessing information. Our solutions help organizations—and end users—better manage their knowledge repositories for increased efficiency, performance, and productivity."
DB/TextWorks' new features and functionalities include:
- Query logging. Users now have the ability to log queries processed by a textbase—a similar feature to that of Web Publisher Pro that's now possible in DB/TextWorks.
- New ways to export. Secondary textbase fields and fields from linked textbases can now be exported.
- Enhanced security. E-mail authentication is now required to pass textbases to a mail server.
- New help format. DB/TextWorks online help now uses a Web help format compatible with the newer Microsoft operating systems and is accessible from the server hosting DB/TextWorks in a multi-user environment.
- Expanded lists. The list of most recently opened textbases can now contain up to 15 textbases.
- PowerPack Lite installation. PowerPack Lite now has its own installation option.
Web Publisher Pro's new features and functionalities include:
- Cross-platform editing. Editing records is no longer exclusive to Internet Explorer browsers. Records can now be edited across all browsers over the Web, creating greater opportunity for information to be shared and updated.
- Quicker search capability. InmagicBrowse now includes a find-as-you-type feature, making it faster and easier to locate specific records or files.
- Control customization. InmagicBrowse now offers the ability to hide controls that offer no opportunity to take action.
Customers on maintenance automatically receive these new releases as part of their annual maintenance contract, and thus can take advantage of these enhanced features and functionalities at no additional cost.
For more information about DB/TextWorks, Web Publisher Pro, and Library Suite, please visitwww.Inmagic.com. Certified Inmagic resellers and implementation partners can be found at http://www.inmagic.com/partners/directory.html.
Inmagic also offers the Presto family of knowledge management products, including Inmagic Presto for Social Libraries, for organizations interested in integrating the power of Social Knowledge Networks with their information management needs.
About Inmagic, Inc.
Inmagic is a leader in developing and implementing Social Knowledge Networks (SKN) for enterprise organizations. For nearly 30 years, Inmagic has helped information and knowledge-driven organizations manage, access, and publish information. Today, our award winning Inmagic Presto SKN application
helps business users access and search relevant content and community insight across enterprise silos to create an environment focused on addressing high-value business processes and objectives.
Organizations across a range of industries including ACLU, City of Edmonton, Laureate Education, Maple Leaf Foods, MRA, NASA, The Lincoln Center for Performing Arts, the San Francisco Symphony and Wyeth Consumer Healthcare (now Pfizer), rely on Inmagic to improve productivity and collaboration,
retain and preserve knowledge and foster greater innovation. Find out how much your organization really knows. Visit Inmagic at www.Inmagic.com.