Softlink acknowledges the commitment and dedication of recipients of the prestigious 2012 Australian Awards for Outstanding Teaching and Leadership.
Softlink CEO Mr Kim Duffy extends special congratulations to the award winners:
- Australian Early Childhood Teacher of the Year: Rebecca Andrews, John Brotchie Nursery School, NSW
- Australian Primary Teacher of the Year: Will Davis, formerly at Tom Price Primary School, WA
- Australian Secondary Teacher of the Year: Daniel Buttacavoli, Emmanuel College, VIC
- Australian Primary Principal of the Year: Loretta Hamilton, Courtenay Gardens Primary School, VIC
- Australian Secondary Principal of the Year: Shayne Player, Tuggerah Lakes Secondary College, Tumbi Umbi Campus, NSW
- Australian Government Minister's Award for Excellence in Teaching and School Leadership in Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Education: Michael Hansen, Cairns West Primary School, QLD.
"Softlink congratulates all winners and finalists whose efforts exemplify the commitment of teaching and inspiring young people across Australia," Kim said.
"Australian teachers continue through their professionalism and innovation to make a significant impact on the lives of the young people within their school. It is great to see these outstanding teachers acknowledged for their individual contributions"
Softlink has partnered with schools for almost 30 years and currently supports more than 50 percent of Australian schools with knowledge, content and library management solutions.
Softlink is a global supplier of leading knowledge, content and library management solutions, supporting more than 10,000 organisations across 108 countries.
The awards are managed by the Australian Institute for Teaching and School Leadership on behalf of the Australian Government. For more information about the Awards visit www.aitsl.edu.au