The Kuali Foundation is pleased to announce Jisc support for the upcoming Kuali Days UK (KDUK) event.
Jisc is supporting a workshop hosted by Owen Stephens (Owen Stephens Consulting) and Mike Winkler (University of Pennsylvania) at KDUK on Knowledge Base+ and GOKb to help inform the development of the projects for the benefit of the UK library community.
The Bloomsbury LMS project is implementing the Kuali OLE library management system using a shared services model for SOAS, Birkbeck, and Senate House Libraries at the University of London, and was part of Jisc's wider community engagement in its Library Systems Program. Recent significant changes in the library systems landscape identified by Jisc include unified and web-scale library systems, including Kuali OLE, and open and community source systems including Koha and Kuali OLE.
In addition to Stephens and Winkler, we will have featured presentations by Vani Prasad of HTC Global Services, Inc. on Kuali Finance and Brian Voss Cio at the University of Maryland on Kuali Student.
Kuali Days UK is an essential event for those interested in Open Source software in higher education. Register now for KDUK at: http://kduk13.eventbrite.co.uk/
KDUK will run from midday October 29th, 2013 through early afternoon October 30th, 2013 with a reception on the evening of the 29th.
Speaker and session details for the 2013 event are available on the KDUK event Lanyrd: http://lanyrd.com/2013/kduk13/ and features speakers including:
- Brian D. Voss, Vice-President of Information Technology and CIO at the University of Maryland and Kuali Foundation Board Member
- Brenda L. Johnson, Ruth Lilly Dean of University Libraries at Indiana University and Kuali OLE Board Member
- John Robinson, Director of Library and Information Services at SOAS, University of London and Kuali OLE Board Member.
KDUK Sponsors and Supporters
- Kuali Foundation
- Kuali Open Library Environment (OLE)
- Senate House Libraries, University of London
- Bloomsbury Library Management System Consortium
- Jisc - supporting a workshop on GOKb and Knowledge Base+
- EBSCO Information Services
- HTC Global Services, Inc
- Knowledge Integration (K-Int.)
If you have any questions about KDUK please contact our conference registrars, Ian Howarth and Anna Woodcraft at: email@example.com