EHI, UTAH (December 19, 2013) – SirsiDynix announced today that version 4.3 GA5 of Enterprise and Portfolio, SirsiDynix's premium discovery platforms, has been released. This update brings highly anticipated features to Enterprise and Portfolio, including in-catalog downloads and user authentication for OverDrive titles. The update also includes item-level holds, improved Chinese-language searching, and deeper integration with EBSCO Discovery Service (EDS).
"With deeper OverDrive and EDS integrations, this update helps library users discover more of their library's resources in the Enterprise or Portfolio interface," said Bill Davison, SirsiDynix CEO. "Library users can download OverDrive titles directly from the hitlist, and they no longer have to leave your catalog to enter passwords or usernames. In addition, deeper EDS integration means that your users can search with EDS-specific fields, limiters, expanders, and more to get the full power of an EDS search in the same Enterprise or Portfolio interface they use to find ILS items."
The updates in version 4.3 GA5 of Enterprise and Portfolio include the following:
- In-catalog downloads and authentication with OverDrive and eRC: At libraries using eResource Central with Enterprise or Portfolio, library users can log in to their OverDrive accounts and download titles without leaving the catalog. This simplified checkout process makes it easy for users to find and acquire the OverDrive titles they want, increasing library circulation and decreasing staff time spent supporting eResource discovery and downloads.
- Additional EDS Integration: Libraries using EBSCO Discovery Service (EDS) with Enterprise or Portfolio can choose to display EDS-specific fields and custom links in their catalog. Library users at those sites can filter EDS results with EDS-specific limiters and expanders, as well as sort their EDS results by data and relevance.
- Item-level holds: Libraries can enable item-level holds for each of their Enterprise or Portfolio profiles. When item-level holds are enabled, library users can place holds on specific copies of titles, making it easy to get the version of the title they need.
- Improved Chinese searching: Enterprise and Portfolio 4.3 GA5 include improved Chinese-language searching.
- Charge history opt in/opt out: Libraries can allow library users to opt in and opt out of charge or checkout history.
For more information about Enterprise or Portfolio 4.3 GA5, contact your SirsiDynix sales representative or visit sirsidynix.com.
SirsiDynix connects people with knowledge at more than 23,000 libraries around the world. Through library management technology and search and discovery tools, libraries using SirsiDynix technology bring relevant resources and the power of knowledge to their users and communities. SirsiDynix technology is architected to be open, scalable and robust, offering a complete solution out-of-the-box, and unparalleled flexibility through APIs and web services. Complemented by the most experienced training, consulting and support staff in the industry, SirsiDynix helps libraries create tomorrow's libraries, today. www.sirsidynix.com