The Koha community is pleased to announce the release of version 3.16.0 of the Koha library automation system.
Koha 3.16 is an enhancement and bugfix release. Changes of particular note include:
- There is now the ability to use different templates for notices based on how the notice is to be sent. For example, is now possible to use different wording for email and SMS hold notifications.
- Users can now unselect active facets when refining search results.
- Search history can be now displayed and managed in the staff interface.
- Loan checkins can now be backdated to an arbitrary date.
- Holds can now be individually suspended and resumed from the OPAC.
- Creating orders from staged files now offers much more flexibility.
- The public reports service can now accept report parameters.
- There is experimental support for Plack for development use.
- The index update script can now operate as a daemon, allowing the indexes to be updated within seconds of a catalog record getting updated.
- There are many more enhancements, detailed in the release notes below.
Koha can be downloaded from download.koha-community.org, and Debian packages of Koha 3.16.0 will be available shortly.
As release manager for Koha 3.16, I would like to thank everybody who contributed patches, documentation, testing, moral support, money, and time to the effort. It is truly a team effort.