North Bethesda, MD, June 26, 2014- LibLime, a division of PTFS, will be participating in the 2014 American Library Association (ALA) Annual Conference. The conference exhibit hall will be open June 27-30 in Las Vegas, Nevada. All conference attendees are encouraged to visit LibLime at booth #1913 and register to win a Nook Simple Touch Reader.
LibLime will unveil the first look at DLS 3.0, a fusion of Academic Koha with digital content management, geospatial discovery, and a new cataloging editor. Most of this functionality will be available in the Academic Koha 5.8 production release schedule for late Summer, 2014. DLS 3.0 includes many new functional features, including:
- A single screen cataloging editor with MARC21 validation and the option to embed local cataloging guidelines; with support for MARC Authority records, MARC Bibliographic records, and MARC Holdings records.
- Support for GeoMARC
- Digital object import with full-text discovery, fuzzy logic, and semantic search functionality
- An expanded messaging package for patron OPAC interaction covering purchase requests, ILL requests, call slip requests, general library messages, digital object ingest, and holds.
- Discovery Layer map interface for search and retrieval of geo-tagged materials
- Import and export conversion support for the Dublin Core and NMF metadata formats
All of the functionality referenced will also be available in LibLime Academic Koha 5.8, except for the digital object management component – however, current Academic Koha customers can easily add this functionality through an expanded SaaS service.
To find out more about DLS 3.0 and Academic Koha 5.8, email email@example.com to request a presentation, or visit LibLime at Booth 1913 at the ALA Conference.
About LibLime - PTFS
LibLime – PTFS is the global leader in providing support for the Koha open source ILS. Rather than sell software licenses for static, hard-to-customize software products, the PTFS LibLime Division educates libraries about the benefits of open source, enabling them to make choices about how best to provide their communities and staff with better technology services. The PTFS LibLime Division then facilitates deployment of Koha in libraries by providing outstanding consulting, development, implementation, and support/hosting for libraries of all types and sizes. PTFS is also the developer of the world's leading content management software, ArchivalWare, and specializes in meeting library personnel staffing requirements, digitization, and metadata keying services. For more information, see http://liblime.com or http://ptfs.com or http://archivalware.net.