Beaverton City Library is a Public library. This library is affiliated with the library system that serves Beaverton, OR.
The collection of the library contains 237534 volumes. The library circulates 1637341 items per year. The library serves a population of 111256 residents .
The Beaverton City Library was established in 1938 through the efforts of the Kiwanis Club. As the library grew, it was taken over in 1940 by the City. In 1958 the library moved into its first new facility at 5th St. and Hall Blvd., which underwent expansion 10 years later. The library moved to the Hall Street Station in 1980, and saw its circulation increase dramatically. In 1984 the library moved once again, this time to a former Albertson''s grocery store.at Allen and Hall Blvd. The library was 19,000 sq. ft., the largest library in the county. In 1998 voters approved the construction of a new 67,000 sq.ft. library at Fifth Ave. and Hall Blvd. The library moved into its new facility in September, 2000, and it currently houses over 300,000 items.
The director of the library is Edward House.
Launch a new window showing detailed statistics available from the National Center for Educational Statistics
This listing was added to lib-web-cats on Oct 31, 2003 and was last modified on May 16, 2013. This library has been accessed 7 times through lib-web-cats.
Corrections or Updates? Registered members of Library Technology Guides can submit updates to library listings in lib-web-cats. Registration is free and easy. Already registered? login. Or, you can report corrections just by sending a message to Marshall Breeding.