January 17, 2023. Innovative, part of Clarivate, is pleased to announce that five solutions received award-level recognition in LibraryWork's ninth annual Modern Library Awards (MLAs). Vega Discover, Innovative Resource Sharing (INN-Reach), and the Polaris Leap Web App received platinum awards, while Polaris ILS and Mobile Worklists both received gold distinctions.
The MLAs are awarded to the top products and services in the industry, according to criteria including functionality, value, and customer service. Product submissions were scored by nearly 80,000 librarians.
"Innovative understands that the modern librarian deserves modern solutions," said Toni Minick, VP of Product Management, "This outstanding recognition is a testament to our ability to deliver products that positively resonate with customers and librarians worldwide."
The Innovative products achieving platinum recognition are:
- Vega Discover – Vega Discover helps patrons find search results and content with pinpoint accuracy and relevancy with a simple, intuitive interface that provides the modern experience patrons expect. Vega Discover earned a rating of 8.28 on a scale of 1 – 10.
- Polaris Leap – Polaris Leap has a web interface that can be accessed on a desktop, notebook, or tablet, enabling library staff to serve patrons with the power and functionality of the Polaris ILS from wherever it is most convenient, even when that's outside the library walls. Polaris Leap offers a comprehensive web-based staff experience, and most library staff can complete all their work within Leap. Polaris Leap earned a rating of 8.53 on a scale of 1 – 10.
- Innovative Resource Sharing – Innovative Resource Sharing (INN-Reach) is an easy and cost-effective solution for libraries to offer patrons access to more materials and a better borrowing experience. Patrons love how easy it is to request materials and staff love its automated processing. INN-Reach was marked especially highly compared to competitive products. INN-Reach earned a rating of 8.8 on a scale of 1 – 10.
The Innovative product achieving gold recognition is:
- Mobile Worklists – One of the market's first native mobile apps for library staff, Mobile Worklists continues to provide comprehensive features for Sierra libraries. It gives library staff flexibility for material handling tasks whether they're at the desk or in the stacks.
- Polaris ILS – The Polaris ILS provides a robust and scalable solution with dynamic staff tools and an intuitive interface for patrons that is also open to connections with patrons and their social media, third-party vendors, and resources outside your library.
For more information about Innovative's award-winning products, visit the Innovative website or call 510-619-3566 to request a demonstration. For complete survey results, visit the Modern Library Awards website: modernlibraryawards.com.