Washington, DC -- March 20, 2023. The Institute of Museum and Library Services Director, Crosby Kemper, is pleased to welcome seven new members of the National Museum and Library Services Board.
The Board advises IMLS on programs and policies to enhance museum, library, and information services throughout the nation, and its members are selected based on their expertise and commitment to libraries and museums.
"I am thrilled to announce the President's appointment of seven new members to the Board of the Institute of Museum and Library Services," said Kemper. "Their remarkable experience and leadership provide new strength and dimension to our work."
The following new members joined the Board on March 16, 2023:
- William T. Harris, of Texas, is the President of Space Center Houston. Harris has more than 39 years in nonprofit leadership including senior positions at museums and universities.
- Lisa Hathaway, of Florida, is the Director of the West Palm Beach Public Library. Hathaway has established the Mandel Public Library as a vital community gathering space that supports jobseekers, economic redevelopment, and life-long learning.
- Ashley Jordan, of Pennsylvania, is the CEO of the African American Museum in Philadelphia. She brings significant experience managing and leading cultural institutions focused on memorializing and celebrating the African American experience in the United States.
- MaryLynn Mack, of California, is the Chief Operating Officer, South Coast Botanical Garden. Mack brings over 30 years of staff and volunteer management, strategic planning and project development.
- Dr Kelli Jean Mosteller, of Oklahoma, is the Executive Director, Harvard University Native American Programs. As a Citizen Potawatomi Nation (CPN) tribal citizen, her most cherished role over the years has been as a mentor for Citizen Potawatomi youth, facilitator of women's ceremonies, and auntie to the eagles at the CPN Eagle Aviary.
- Alan C Price, of Massachusetts, is the Director of the John F Kennedy Library. In 2015, Price was appointed by President Barack Obama to serve as Associate Director of Management at the Peace Corps and Acting Chief of Staff for the Federal Mediation and Conciliation Service.
- Ramiro Salazar, of Texas, is the Director of the San Antonio Public Library. He has dedicated his public service to increasing availability of library resources and services to all segments of the community.
Director Kemper also thanks Suzanne Thorin, Homa Naficy, Mort Sajadian, Beth Takekawa, Ken Schutz, Deb Taylor, who completed their terms.
For more information on the National Museum and Library Services Board, please visit the IMLS website.
About the National Museum and Library Services Board
The National Museum and Library Services Board is an advisory body that includes the director and deputy directors of the Institute of Museum and Library Service and 20 presidentially appointed members of the general public who have demonstrated expertise in, or commitment to, library or museum services. Informed by its collectively vast experience and knowledge, the board advises the IMLS director on general policy and practices, and on selections for the National Medals for Museum and Library Service. See the IMLS website for more information about the National Museum and Library Services Board.
About the Institute of Museum and Library Services
The Institute of Museum and Library Services is the primary source of federal support for the nation's libraries and museums. We advance, support, and empower America's museums, libraries, and related organizations through grantmaking, research, and policy development. IMLS envisions a nation where individuals and communities have access to museums and libraries to learn from and be inspired by the trusted information, ideas, and stories they contain about our diverse natural and cultural heritage. To learn more, visit www.imls.gov and follow us on Facebook and Twitter.