This dashboard brings together data, trends, news, and other resources from Library Technology Guides describing the organization, its executive leadership, personnel employed, business history, as well as related features and news articles.
4901 University Square
Huntsville, Alabama 35801
Book Systems is owned and operated by Suzanne Burton and Scott Burton.
[Data source: statistics supplied for the annual Library Systems Report or from public information]
November 5, 2014. Book Systems, Inc. releases Atriuum 9.6. Book Systems announced the release of Atriuum v9.6. This release is packed with many new features including customizable keyboard shortcuts, ability to create worker messages, My Reports menu, a debt management module, and more.
April 17, 2014. Book Systems Celebrates 25 Years of Service. Book Systems, Inc., an innovative leader in providing library automation solutions, is pleased to announce that 2014 marks their 25th year in business.
June 19, 2013. Book Systems Integrates OverDrive APIs into Atriuum. Book Systems announcs the integration of OverDrive APIs into Atriuum version 9.0. This integrated search portal for OverDrive allows patrons to easily search and find all of the digital content your library or consortium has purchased from OverDrive.
June 15, 2013. Book Systems, Inc. Releases Atriuum 9.0. Book Systems announced the release of Atriuum v 9.0. This release contains enhanced features including improved eBook integration with OverDrive,social media connectivity with Facebook, and full support for the new RDA (Resource Description and Access)standard.
April 15, 2013. Books Systems, Inc. announces new website. Books Systems announced the release of our all new Website. It has been vastly improved to better serve our customers, reflect who we are as a company, and increase awareness regarding the products and services we offer.
June 7, 2012. Book Systems puts the library in patrons' pockets. Book Systems Inc. released its new Atriuum "on the go" app currently available on the Android Play Store. The mobile app for Atriuum gives you instant access to the library catalog from your favorite mobile device. Search for books, eBooks, DVDs, CDs and more. Use your mobile device to reserve a popular title, renew items, read reviews and even see a list of "What's Hot" at your local library. You can access My Items at any time to manage your account and book bags. Want to know if a new release is available at your library? While you are at your favorite book store, use the Scan ISBN feature to capture the ISBN located on the physical item.
June 5, 2012. Dublin City Schools in Georgia implement Booktracks. Five schools in Dublin City Schools moved from pen and paper to tracking their textbooks In Booktracks.
June 4, 2012. Huntsville City Schools Establishes Accountability and Saves Money with Booktracks. In 2011, the 48 sites in Huntsville City Schools migrated their libraries to Atriuum and implemented Booktracks, a textbook and asset management software.
June 4, 2012. Charlotte County School District in Virginia implements Booktracks for Assets. Charlotte County School District in Virginia implements Booktracks for Assets
May 28, 2012. Grand Forks 18 Schools In North Dakota implement Booktracks. Grand Forks 18 Schools In North Dakota implement Booktracks
1989 Book Systems founded by Bill and Mark Jones
Book Systems was founded in 1989 by Bill Jones and his son, Mark
[Data source: text supplied for the annual Library Systems Report]
• Book Systems, Inc. (BSI) continues to grow in the public library market. Thirty-seven (37) new public library contracts were signed, representing 41 libraries that switched to their Atriuum Integrated Library System (ILS) ASP/Express (SaaS) cloud-based solutions. These libraries migrated from Verso (Auto-graphics), Koha (Open-source), Polaris (Clarivate/III), TLC, and various other ILS vendors’ products.
• In addition, Book Systems signed contracts with academic, community colleges, school districts, and special libraries, including international sales to the Philippines and Guam.
• An update for Atriuum, version 14.2, was released to a small group of customers, with a full roll-out scheduled for mid-January 2023. The update includes many new features that support the needs of their customers, including new technology advancements for better mobile connectivity without requiring the use of mobile applications and enhancements to their newest Gallery OPAC and Quilt (Kids Catalog).
• In the School Market (K-12), Book Systems has partnered with PowerSchool, a leading provider of cloud-based software for K-12 education in North America that delivers best-in-class solutions.
• Atriuum ILS and Booktracks Asset Management solutions now support direct integrations with schools and districts that use PowerSchool SIS using the PowerSchool API. Student data is mapped directly from PowerSchool to Atriuum or Booktracks, ensuring student data is securely imported without using a manual process or requiring FTP/SFTP.
• Book Systems received the G2 product Award in the Library Management | Winter 2023 Relationship Index and earned the highest Quality of Support rating in its category.[View Narrative for 2021] [View Narrative for 2020] [View Narrative for 2019] [View Narrative for 2018] [View Narrative for 2017] [View Narrative for 2016] [View Narrative for 2015] [View Narrative for 2014] [View Narrative for 2013] [View Narrative for 2012] [View Narrative for 2011] [View Narrative for 2010] [View Narrative for 2009] [View Narrative for 2008] [View Narrative for 2007] [View Narrative for 2006] [View Narrative for 2005]